25 IDEAS FOR MINNESOTA ACTS OF KINDNESS WEEK
During the week of November 6th-10th United Ways across the state are challenging Minnesotans to make a difference in their community by spreading simple acts of kindness, generosity, and love.
United Way of 1000 Lakes' hope is that residents and businesses will perform at least one act of kindness each day and inspire others to do the same through social media using #LIVEUNITEDMN or in person. It can be as simple as a 30 second praise or as complex as a laundry list to accomplish all week long; whatever it is, it is sure to bring a smile to someone's face that just might need it.
Maya Angelou once said, "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel," so start spreading kindness this week and throughout the year. Here are 25 acts of kindness you can do every day:
1. Buy grocery items for a full meal, and drop off to a family in need with a card saying "Dinner is on us tonight!"
2. Call someone you love and tell them how much they mean to you.
3. Offer to pet sit for a friend or neighbor.
4. Leave extra quarters at the laundromat.
5. Grab coffee for a co-worker on your way to work.
6. Donate clothing, linens, or household items.
7. Call or write to someone who changed your life.
8. Put money in an envelope and tape it to a vending machine.
9. Pick up trash in your neighborhood.
10. Bring coloring books and crayons to your local hospital or clinic for children to use.
11. Leave your server or barista a generous tip.
12. Offer to pick up groceries for an elderly neighbor.
13. Write a positive note and leave it on someone's car window.
14. Donate blood.
15. Volunteer at a place that connects with your interests.
16. Create a care package for a person in need or send a Virtual Care Package through United Way.
17. Leave a note of appreciation to your mail carrier at your mailbox.
18. Call bingo at your local retirement home one afternoon.
19. Bring cookies to your new neighbor to welcome them to the neighborhood.
20. Smile at a stranger.
21. Donate to an issue you feel strongly about through United Way.
22. Buy lunch for the person who is serving you at the restaurant.
23. Read to children during story time at school or at the library.
24. Shovel snow for your elderly neighbor.
25. Text a friend one reason you're grateful for them.
For more information about Minnesota Acts of Kindness, visit unitedwayof1000lakes.org/MN-Acts-of-Kindness.