"The McGregor Area Chamber of Commerce is working to effectively promote, support, and grow the economic environment for the business and tourism industry in the area."
At our annual dinner held in January, the theme was "the future's so bright" and it truly is. We are taking the Chamber in a new direction. We have a new logo, a new office, and a new mission statement. More importantly, we have a renewed sense of what we stand for and why we are here. The McGregor Area Chamber of Commerce has been representing the interests of the local business community for over 40 years. This partnership focuses on working together to build a healthy economy and to improve the quality of life in our beautiful community. What we learned and what we are focusing on in 2017 is the McGregor Area Chamber of Commerce also serves as the area's Convention & Visitor's Bureau. Tourism drives the economic success in the community. The Chamber will promote, support, and grow the area's tourism environment by partnering with area tourism and meeting planning organizations.
Snow or sun; come for the fun in McGregor, Minnesota! Whether you are looking for relaxation or an adventure, you will find options year-round. The area is surrounded by natural resources; this is an outdoor enthusiast's paradise! World-class golfing, fishing and boating, snowmobiling, bird watching, canoeing... these are only a few of the reasons people choose to visit our beautiful city and area. When not enjoying the outdoors, visitors love the fact that there are over 20 food and entertainment places in the area -- all within 15 minutes of one another!
TOP 10 REASONS TO VISIT
1. Wildlife is abundant in the McGregor-Big Sandy Lake area. There's an excellent chance of seeing bald eagles, loons, turkey, a timber wolf, whitetail deer, bear, wolves, fox, beaver, otter, weasels, osprey, swans, grouse, or moose.
2. Home of Savanna Portage State Park, Rice Lake National Wildlife Refuge, and Army Corps of Engineers - Sandy Lake Dam.
3. Pristine lakes, rivers, and streams for outdoor enjoyment and scenic beauty.
4. An abundance of great dining and nightlife at nearby restaurants and resorts.
5. The McGregor area has over 200 miles of marked, connected, and maintained ATV Trails. 1/3 of all state ATV trails are located in Aitkin County.
6. The Tamarack Sno-Flyers Snowmobile Club started grooming snowmobile trails in 1972. They currently groom 155.1 miles of trails in the McGregor area and with the help of neighboring snowmobile clubs snowmobilers have access to over 500 miles of trails.
7. A fabulous 7,200 yard 18-hole championship golf course for the avid golfer or the popular 2,500 yard 9-hole Savanna for families and new golfers all at MN National.
8. A natural playground for the outdoor enthusiast to include scenic hiking trails, fishing, kayaking, canoeing, swimming, biking, boating, paddle boarding, hunting, camping, golfing, foot golf, harvesting of wild rice, and birding in the summer. In the winter the outdoor enthusiast can enjoy groomed ski trails, snowshoeing, ice fishing, ice skating, and snowmobiling.
9. Host of annual events such as Wild Rice Days, Lions Corn Feed, Big Sandy Triathlon, Chamber Fishing Tournament, Minnewawa Ice Fishing Tournament, Wild Rice Days 5k, Big Sandy Fireworks, Vintage Snowmobile Runs, Palisade Mid-Winter Festival, Golf on Ice, New Year's Fireworks, Tamarack Hey Days, Run For the Lake 5k, and Don Sather 5k.
10. Home of Big Sandy Bible Camp, Catholic Youth Camp, Covenant Pines Bible Camp, Camp New Hope, Boot Lake Scout Camp, Big Sandy Water Institute, and Long Lake Conservation Center.